Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I cut my hair off and donated it!!!

I decided back in 2001 if I ever let my hair grow out and then wanted to cut it, I was going to donate it to Locks Of Love. Well after fighting with my hair in my sleep and not having the time to "play" with it all the time.... It's gone!!!! I had 4 10 inch braids cut off and donated it to Locks Of Love! My boyfriends Mother died of Cancer almost 4 yrs ago and I donated it in her memory. I never got to meet her, but I have heard a lot of wonderful things about her. And we have named our daughter after her also.

If you are interested in finding out more, you can visit their site HERE. I mean if you are going to cut 10+ inches off, then why not donate it to a worthy cause and help someone? :)

I'll be finishing up the ribbons tonight that go to my Snoqualmie Falls kit. Unfortunately, life has become choatic the last few days and I haven't been able to work on them. Thanks for all of your wonderful comments and I'm so happy that you are enjoying the kit. Hopefully I'll have the ribbons for you in the morning. Until then, I hope you have lots of fun scrapping. Take care and see ya soon...
Angel

9 comments:

BMagsGirl said...

That is great that you donated your hair. If I am ever able to grow my hair out long enough I want to do that.

Kori said...

What a great thing to do! My hair grows so incredibly slowly or I'd do that too. You still have long hair, your cut looks great and you did a wonderful thing for people who will appreciate it more than we can know! Here a big pat on the back\\\ and (((HUGS))) for taking time to help make the world just a little bit better!
:D

jburkhart said...

What a wonderful thing to do! That's a lot of hair you had there, too! I tend to chop my hair off every 6 month's or so...it drives me crazy when it starts to even get a bit longer! Then again....my hair is always driving me crazy and I think my hair is stuck in the 80's anyway...lol!
Your new avatar is very pretty, too - you look great with shoulder length hair!
Take Care and chat with ya soon!
Hugs!
Michaele

dsampson0313 said...

your haircut looks great.. bet that's a load off your head, huh!! congrats on donating to a wonderful cause!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty on the outside, beautiful on the inside. The world needs more people like you!

SarahB said...

That's wonderful Angel! I did the same a couple months ago. My hair is so thin/fine though, I only had 2 skinny braids. :)

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good Afternoon Angel:)
You look so happy with your gift for Locks of Love.:)How sweet of you to do that.
You look so good with your new hair cut.I bet it is a whole lot easier to take care of..and a lot less fuss.:)
Thanks for letting me see your new do.:)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Valinda

candiem said...

Wow Girl! You had LONG hair! You know, I LOVE long hair...but, I think you look so much better with it the NEW length! It brings out your pretty eyes and facial shape! Now, LILLIE looks more like her MOMMY! TY so much for sharing all that info with us...what a terrific gesture you did! I am just sooooo proud of you!
TY for sharing that link with us to...it really helps to get the word out.

Now...TY for sharing this lovely kit with us...I LOVE these colors you are using...great kit g/f!
huggs

Anonymous said...

your are sweet and kind and caring..what more could a person ask for in a dig scrapper..wish you the best..and keep you in my prayers..