Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Challenge # 1 Finished for the ADSR!! WOO HOO!!

Well, after working most of the day and night on my first challenge for the ADSR, I have finally finished it this am. And my partner in crime, I mean, my partner in the ADSR, finished hers too. Here's our LO's for the 1st challenge:
If you aren't following the race, the theme was to do a LO on a museum that either you have or want to go to. We have to use the word "Amazing" some where in our LO's. I did my LO on a special place from my childhood. I was born and raised in Sonoma Valley, CA. LONG LONG time ago before it became the tourist trap it is today! I think I spent more time on this property, then I did at my own home. I still believe that I was born way too late!! I really love this era and feel a special attachment to it.


Journaling reads:
It's truely
AMAZING
what you take
for granted
when you

are a child.
I spent my childhood
in Sonoma Valley, CA.
I was really lucky to be
able to see the homes
several times a week. Those
memories will always be with
me and will last a lifetime...
Credits:
Kit is called Shabby Classic by Kim B's Designs,
fonts used are Worstveld Sling, University Roman LET, and Park Avenue BT, the pics are from Noehill Website.
This is my partner, Michaele Burkhart's LO:
You can read the credits for her LO on her BLOG. Please be sure to go visit her and leave her some love too! I really love her LO!! Too cool, Michaele.

GO SCRAPZONE ANGELS!! Woo Hoo!!

Thanks for looking at our LO's.
Hugs,
Angel :)

8 comments:

Robbi1 said...

Wow, thats beautiful Jenn, and what fantastic memories from your childhood. When visiting Northern Ca we went the the Bidwell Mansion, not sure if in Chico or Sacramento area, but it was beautiful and I can relate - I would love to have lived in that era also. Beautiful Layout - Take care and TTYS :) Hugs!

Twinmfg said...

Wow, you did a very good job! I love the journaling. Something very personal to pass down to the next generations. Great work!

jburkhart said...

Who-hooo! Go Scrapzone Angels!!!!! Your layout turned out fantastic, Jenn! Wish I could visit there - looks like a beautiful place - I love looking at old building and things of our past! Beautiful photos and love the kit choice and journaling, too! Thanks for sharing mine here too.....great idea...I need to do that on mine, too! Looking forward to challenge #2 - WTG partner! Hugs!
Michaele

Scraps of Bev said...

Just popped in Jenn to see the layout done by your partner Michaele and I have to add what another stunning layout.. you two have made a great start with these two layouts...can't wait to see what comes up next!!

Love & Hugs
Bev

CraZcat said...

beautiful lo..love the colors u chose.. good luck in the race

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good afternoon Angel:)
Wow! I love your layout.! What fun it must be.:)You did a fantastic job on it.! The pics look great too..very nice.:)
Hope you are having a wonderful day today.It is pouring here.My dog is practically in my lap.LOL Thunder scares her big time.:)
Come see me when you get time...maybe in the fall?LOL

Hugs,
Valinda

Dawn said...

Great lo! Good luck in the race! Oh,a nd I have to say...how neat, because I spent 4 years in Vallejo, many moons ago! My dad lived there.

Hummie said...

Great work on both layouts! Oh, a tilting photos we will go! Giggle