Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Sad Day for Our Family...


This morning we lost our nephew's girlfriend, Kate. As many of my regular readers know, Kate has been very, very sick and then after 82 days in the hospital she was well enough to go home. She went back to the hospital again with pneumonia, again!! She was supposed to be treated and able to go home in a few days, well then she had a stroke the other day! She had bleeding in her brain and they were going to do surgery to try to stop the bleeding. For whatever reason they didn't do the surgery and said that the bleeding had stopped. Well at 4am this morning, she went code blue and passed away! This is really hard for me and I'll do my best to keep up here this week. Right now, it just feels like this has been a huge nightmare and that we'll wake up and everything is going to be ok. :( Unfortunately, I do realize that this is real and that she is gone.... Kate may you rest in peace! We love you!!! And you will always be in our hearts...

11 comments:

CraZcat said...

thoughts are w/ u at this sad time.. so sad to lose someone so young too.. my sympathy goes out to you, your family, nephew, and her family.. peace be w/ u all.... Deb

Kim Broedelet said...

Oh my word! Sending you HUGE hugs girl and to your family! It's not easy when someone is so young! Just know that my thoughts are with you! Sending lots of love
Kim
PS- have another coffee :-)

Louisiana Lady said...

My heart is with you and your family for the loss you all have to go though. My prayers are with you at this time.

Mary said...

I am so sorry to hear that. This is my first time on your blog. You do great work. You and your family will be in my heart and prayers.

Big Hugs
mary

TragedyAnne said...

May Kate be in a better place and tons of hugs to you and your family.

Goddess Bless,
TragedyScrapinAnne

Vicki (Chickivaney) said...

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts & parayers are with your brother and your family.

Robbi1 said...

God Bless and watch over you. So sorry to hear of the loss of your nephews girlfriend, this is so tragic, my heart goes out to you and your family Jenn. Be strong, big hugs from our family to yours!
Robbi

anne said...

Bless you and blessed be.I will keep you and your family close to my thoughts.~~Anne(mousee23)

Liz said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Prayers to Kate's family, your nephew, and your entire family.

DonnaC said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'll be keeping you and the family in my thoughts and prayers.

Acorn Designs said...

really sorry for your lose.