Sunday, July 20, 2008

I received a reward!!! :) and much more...

Hiya,
I received a reward and I wanted to share with you all! :)





I was given this reward by a special friend, Candie Creations, that helped me create on of my favorite kits, River Belles! Candie your awesome and I'm so blessed to receive this reward from you. (BTW, she's finally taking on the challenge of designing and has her first story! Congrats Candie and I wish you lots of success!) You can find her store and more info on her blog! :)



Here are the rules for Keeping this Awesome AWARD going...
1. The winner can put the logo on her BLOG.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the girls you've nominated
My 7 choices are: (in alphabetical order)



Kim, Linda, Michaele, Nancy, Patty, Valinda, and Wilma.



You all inspire me to be the best designer I can be. And I love each of the yours styles and designs! Congrats to you all. Enjoy the reward.



Ok, I knew it was a matter of time before this happened to me, although I hoped that it won't. Someone was nice enough (NOT REALLY!!) to have taken my ONIB kit and uploaded it to share with whomever she wanted. Is that nice of her?? So as of now, I'm taking this seriously and I want you all to do the same. I know, here we go with another designer complaining about someone sharing her designs with someone. Well to be honest it's much more then that!! It's illegal to do it without the permission of the designer! And for those that think that it's all fun and games you better think again before you pirate my designs! You will NOT get away with it!



Did you know this:



The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement,including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to 5 years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000. And this does apply to digital scrapbooking kits/designs.


Not sure what piracy is? You can read all about it here! And for the designers that may want to know more about protecting yourself from being a victim of piracy you can find info here! This is an article that explains that you have rights and what you can do if you do become a victim of piracy! How to handle the situation without losing your mind and where to file abuse reports and with who! Together we can stop piracy!

Now, due to this I have updated my TOU File, please go get the newest version and place it in my kits/designs that you may have. Please do read it, know it and abide by my Terms Of Use! Don't be a pirate! It's your responsibility to make sure you have the most current version of TOU file from the designers.

Download my new TOU File here.

Thank you all and please continue to enjoy my designs. If you have any questions or if you know of someone that is pirating my designs, you can contact me anytime through email and please put piracy info in the subject line. You're name and info will remain sealed with me and will not be released without your permission. I'm sorry that I had to share this unpleasant experience with you all. But it needed to be done. I know that you all understand. Thank you!

Happy Scrapping,

Jennifer

5 comments:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good Morning Angel:)
Thank you sooo much for sharing your award with me.:) How sweet! I stopped by yesterday but wasn't able to leave a comment.My son and his family came over and spent the entire day with us and didn't leave until after eleven p.m. So..I just peeked in your door.LOL
I'm off to post my blog..but will wait to post the award until I have time to get all of the links for my choices...You know when a person gets a dozen roses and they take one out of the bunch and give it back to the person who gave it to them??? Well..you will be first on my list..cause you inspire me too!!:)

Hugs,
Valinda

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 21 Jul [LA 02:23am, NY 04:23am, UK 09:23am, OZ 07:23pm]).

Robbi1 said...

Congratulations - well deserved Honor :) Sorry to hear about the Piracy - thats lousy! Shame on them! Hope that storm brewing in the gulf is not causing you any trouble - keeping fingers crossed and prayers - no damage! Hugs and have a great week.

Kim B said...

AWW Jennifer, thanks sooo soo much for the honour girl! And for your kind words!-
Got your mail too- MAN, that stinks! And yup I've been there too- off to check now again- thanks for the heads-up!
Sending HUGE HUGS and loves
ME

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good Morning Angel:)
I stopped by again for a visit but no one was home.:( Maybe next time.:)

Hugs,
Valinda