Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Some photo shares of my MIA...

So, as you can see from the photos below, I was extremely busy with baking birthday cakes and made these 4 cakes(actually there was 5) in less then one months time. 
The first one (well 2) were Tangled themed for Lillie's 5th birthday party!  I love how it came out and was thrilled with my skills considering I've never done one this detailed. :) Look the tower is pecan rolls and ice cream cone with vines and flowers attached made from buttercream icing.


This was Lillie's party table, we had cake(s), ice cream, punch and iced tea. She was so thrilled with this party! She still talks about how much she loved it. :)  That just makes everything worth it! 
A friend invited us over for her (NON) Birthday party and BBQ on the 4th of July and asked if I could make her a birthday cake.  So of course I said sure will... I already knew that I was going to be making a purse cake, although I had no idea how to do it. LOL.  But I managed to plan it all out and made her both of these COACH purse cakes.  They both turned out so cute!!  I loved doing this as it was so much fun to do something new from the typical circle cakes that I've always made...
This one is a square one, a little more detail although you can't really see the zipper work. :)
Then when we got back from our week long trip to Florida, I made this one for our step-sisters grandson, Alex. He loves the Army and wanted a similar cake for his.  You can't tell how big this cake really is, it's a full sheet cake, which is half white cake and half chocolate with buttercream icing.  And yes, Alex really LOVED this cake! LOL.
Then I made this homemade German Chocolate Cake for my FIL (father-in-law's) 75th Birthday on July 30th. 

I really love baking this cake, but I hate that it takes so long to do it and then it's all gone in a flash! LOL.  I guess that just means it yummy, huh?
So as you can see from the end of June and through July I was quite the cake baker here in Azle! LOL. 

I'll be sharing some more photos next time, maybe some from our family vacation to Santa Rosa Beach, FL!!! :)

Now I need to get busy and start scrapping these photos. :)

Happy Scrapping,
Jennifer



1 comment:

VJ's Scrap Room said...

Good morning Angel:)
Well..it's just after Noon ..but couldn't resist saying that.LOL
WOW..I had seen some of your cakes on FB..but I can't remember the German Chocolate one. That is one of my FAVORITES!! Jim doesn't like Coconut...so I don't get a chance to eat much of it.:( Love when we go to the buffet and they have coconut cream pies.:)
You did such a GREAT job on your cakes!:)
Have a WONDERFUL day my friend.:)

Hugs,
Valinda