Thursday, August 04, 2011

Wow, was I ever MIA....

Hello Everyone,I was MIA and I had no idea that it's been 4 months since I last posted!  All I can say is that I've been really busy with lots of different things going on this summer!  Can you believe that it's almost Back to School time?!  Lillie is starting Kindergarden in 18 days!!!  So let's see if I can bring you all up to date on what I've been doing this summer...

April
In April, we started out kinda tyipcal, although warmer weather was much appreciated after the deep freeze of a winter we had.  So by middle of April there was all kinds of things going on.  We took Lillie back to the Ft Worth Zoo and had a blast taking pics of the animials and talking about them with her.  She really loved the Zoo. The weather become quite stormy, and had lots of severe weather days coming at us.  On Easter we went to the family Easter Gathering and Lillie got to ride a pony and hunt eggs.  She didn't want to do anything but ride the pony, LOL.  My 37th birthday was on the 26th, Bobby & Lillie had bought me a new windchime and some beautiful fresh flowers...

May
In May, the weather has really started to heat up compared to last year.  We had more severe weather, and hearing about a lot of severe weather through out the USA and the whole world.  Tornados ripping through towns and killing lots of people in it's path.  Flooding and more rain coming to areas that don't need anymore.  While many others would pray that they could get some rain soon. Lillie got to roast Marshmellows for the first time in our "new" fire pit that was given to us.  I can see us getting a lot of use from this in the cooler weather months.  We've been working a lot on our yard trying to play catch up before the weather gets too hot and we can't do it.  Lillie had her 1st dance class recital this month and did an awesome job with it!  We're so proud of her!! And I've been doing research on my camera settings and wedding photography for taking David & Rhonda's wedding photos for them. They're getting married in June!  I've transplanted some of my daylily volunteers up closer to the house and hopes that they'll bloom this year.  I have been babying my lone bell pepper seedlings that were sole survivors of the spring heat and storms.  I also tried to plant some Johnny Jump-ups from seed in my hanging baskets, but think it's just too hot for them to make it.  I guess we'll see...

June
WOW, holy cow is it hot!!!!  We've had some 100+ days already and an outdoor wedding which was 99 that day.  I love how things went for our friend's wedding and lots of fun too.  Although it's really hot, we managed to take our friends from Scotland, Canada and Minnesota downtown to the Ft Worth Stockyards.  We walked around in 100 degree heat but still had fun and went out to lunch with our friends before they had to go back home.  It's been great to meet and make new friends!!  All of my flowers in the yard are starting to bloom and even the daylilies that I transplanted managed to bloom too!!  Woo Hoo!!!  My mom's daylilies that she gave me also bloomed by the house, but the others down by the pool area got ate up by the deer! Ughhhhh... Lillie graduated from Pre-K and will be going into Kindergarden in the Fall!  I can't believe how fast this school year has gone!  On the 22nd, Lillie celebrated her 5th b-day and had some friends over at our house for party.  I made my first major themed cake, Tangled. The heat is really getting bad and no rain this year.  I think we're going to have a really rough summer this year. 

July
On the 4th, we celebrated the holiday at a friends' pool party and had a cookout!  We had a good time and was so happy to be with friends.  I had our friend a "NON" birthday cake, made 2 couch purse cakes for her, which everyone loved!!  Then we took off and went to Florida for 6 days and had a wonderful time with my Aunt Pearl and Uncle Rich on the beaches! I've never been to florida before so this was a major treat for all 3 of us.  And we took Bobby's Aunt Nellie and Uncle Bill down to Pensacola and dropped them off and picked them back up on our way home. They are getting old to drive that far and we had room in our car to take them.  It was really nice to take them along with us and had a great time in Florida too! When we got back home from Florida I had another cake to make, I made a sheet cake 1/2 Chocolate & 1/2 White cake, with vanilla pudding filling and Buttercream Icing, for Alex's 8th birthday it was Army themed! :)  Everyone has been telling me that I need to just open a cake shop.  LOL.   It's been really really hot this summer and no rain is making everything die. I wonder how bad it's going to get before we get some much needed rain!  We're breaking all kinds of record heat records and they say that August will be worse...

So now you can see what I've been up to this summer and in between all of that I've been trying to design and no time to do much at all.  LOL.  But I am working on a bunch of hand drawn elements for a new kit and have an idea for another one, so you will have to be sure to come back soon and see what I've made!  :)  What have you been up this summer?  Did you go on vacation to a new place?  Maybe for a change you decided to stay home and do something close to home!  I'd love to hear what you've been doing...
Happy Scrapping,
Jennifer

No comments: